www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL CELEBRATES A DILEMMA

Thursday, July 12, 2007

retro18As previously mentioned I've been job searching for a position that will place me in a more tech related field or atleast situate my professional experience in such a way that would make it easier for me to find my niche once I've acquired my degree. I've also already mentioned that I did already receive an offer from one company with one pending interview. That pending interview was today, and today that company offered me a spot as well. It seems the decision is easy, but I'll walk you through my thinking process for fluff purposes before we get to the real problem.

First of Company A is a permanent position, with plenty of benefits, not just health and dental but discounts to their products and a membership to one of the golf clubs up on the north side of town. However, it's a CSR spot, which means I will have the same "no-tie-in-to-tech" job as I've always had, and their paying me much less than what I've already been made accustomed to. The only reason they were in contention was because they do have a web development team that I could see myself transitioning to after receiving my Associates in Software Development.

Company B is a seasonal position, no benefits. But since they are dealing with a software related product, it brings me closer to my field of study. And with a good track record I have a possibility of becomming perm and moving to the more techie side of the company. To add to this - I'm getting paid more than what they told me I would be offered when I first applied.

I've already made my choice. Now for the etiquette side of things. How do I break the news to the other company. I know I should call, but I'm such chicken sh*t, what do I say. Someone give me a tactful way of saying thanks but no thanks, someone meaning Dad.

BTW, I'll be going through a training process and with 2 weeks left of summer semester I thought it would be a tight squeeze, but I've already spoken with my programming instructor and he says he doesn't mind me coming in late. Our class is usually 4pm - 7:15pm Tuesdays and Thursdays so that means I'll be excused for the first hour or so of class. Now I just have to call my golf instructor and see if I can strike a bargain with him.

Either way, Ray already said he's taking me to celebrate this weekend. Yay!
posted by Jenni @ 5:07 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.