www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL HAS A SECRET CRUSH

Saturday, September 29, 2007



So yesterday at work I was just wasting away waiting for 5pm missing the comfort of my bed. My friends were asking me to come out with them but I was feeling like I just needed rest. So 5pm came and I headed home. Watched TV for a bit until Mr. Young Professional called and asked me to meet him out. I met Mr. Young Professional last Friday. I didn't really get a chance to get to know him better since I ended up drinking too much and having to bail early. So I agreed to meet him for a quick drink and started to get ready.

While I was getting ready I started censoring my choice of clothing just because I didn't want Mr. Young Professional to think I was trying to come on to him via my cute tops and sassy shoes. No, I was trying to be careful with the message my sense of style could possibly convey. It's the responsible thing to do. But I couldn't let myself go out all haggard-like on a Friday night either, so I cancelled our meeting. A bit shallow, but a lot better than possibly being molested all because of a fashion misunderstanding.

I decided to head out on my own to a usual hangout and texted my friends to let them know I was out. We all met up and then moved on to the wine bar on the next block. Immediately when I sat down I noticed Mr. Lawyer (gave out part of the story already) in a far corner sitting by himself. When I ordered the lavosh I asked the waiter about him and was immediately told, 1) he's a regular since he lives downtown, 2) he has a girlfriend she just doesn't live in town and 3) he'd be more than happy to move to our table for good conversation. Since my friends were all busy talking to each other, it was definitely nice to have him there.

We actually found out that we had a mutual friend, they went to law school together, (yes, that's when I found out he was a lawyer) so it was really funny. I was telling my story about this guy, and Mr. Lawyer asks for a name, and says "Yeah, I went to law school with him." And we talked until the bar closed. Impressive considering I was planning on going home early and he managed to keep my attention that long.

Anyway, tonight my friends and I are planning a dress up hibachi dinner, and possibly going out afterwards. If we go back to the wine bar, I'm hoping to bump into Mr. Lawyer. Yeah, I can't crush because he is taken, but it's nice having someone I can talk to that's on my same level. (Still, I'm hoping he is there so he can see me in the new outfit I bought specifically for tonight =D)
posted by Jenni @ 3:00 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How is it that can you have such a popular and in demand public broadcast of your life only to leave out the visual representations? I know, you were too busy eating.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.