www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL GETS SERIOUS

Tuesday, October 24, 2006


And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, "Speak to us of Children." And he said:

Your children are not your children.

They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.

They come through you but not from you,

And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.

You may give them your love but not your thoughts.

For they have their own thoughts.

You may house their bodies but not their souls,

For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.

You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.

For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.

You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.

The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.

Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;

For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.

--Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet



Waking up early today to get a little homework done. A lot of things from last night still unsettles me. If I could take a bit of everyone's time to unload a burden that wasn't mine to take home anyway.

Since it's work related I cannot give away the specifics, but the gist is that we have/had a 5 week old boy in the hospital who we are uncertain are gonna make it. He is there because his parents didn't care enough. One shook him and one didn't tell. The only reason we found him (a day after the incident) is because a neighbor was brave enough to get involved and call 911. He, our baby John Doe, will be blind if he makes it, and will need to heal from a 90 degree fracture in his femur. With that said, tell me how you feel today? Knowing that things like this are right under your noses.

I myself am blessed knowing Logan's in able hands. Of course, being in such able hands that makes me completely worthless. I know most times my family will silently agree. But last night when I got that call, I had Logan and his welfare in mind. However worthless I might feel, I could never turn my back on my own son, never disregard his health physically or emotionally, Logan is too important to give up. He is, literally, the answer to my prayer. (Yeah, prayer -singular, everyone knows I'm too scared to pray.) So if I'm too far away to be Mom, and too often missing to be a friend, the most I can do is to impress on him, every chance I get, that I am completely unabashed, without need for solicitation, inexhaustible love. And though he already has everyone at his beck and call, and may have little need of me, I'll hang around despite feeling worthless just to have that slight chance of being there whenever he does call.
posted by Jenni @ 9:32 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.