www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL CALLS FOR A DOUBLE BLOG

Thursday, December 13, 2007

I've been at work for about an hour and a half now.

Let's recap yesterday:
I called in from work because I wanted to get last minute homework and studying done for the end of semester finals. All done in front of the telly and a laptop beside me on the couch. By 6pm I was ready to take my finals. The class was supposed to start at 7:15pm. Circumstances that still piss me off prevented us from taking the exam until 9:20pm. Regardless, just like any other test, I took it within 10 minutes and left. I am a Wham Bam Ma'am. Called my friend and told her I'd race her to the usual hangout. And that's where I was until 2am.


This morning I woke up with enough time to get ready for work, but I refused to get up until I only had an hour, including the commute, to make it in. During the drive to work, fully aware I would be late coming in, I was still contemplating not coming in at all. My little Jimmy Cricket won the battle after reminding me that I had plenty of work I needed to finish before the weekend and, lest I finish them, they will stare at me again next week. Bleh!

In the elevator were mirrored walls that laughed at the walking mess that I was. I felt like poop, but soon as the elevator door opened at my floor I tried to leave all the poopiness aside - that is part of my job responsibilities. I see a someone right out of the last training class on my way to my desk, I smile and do my usual good-morning-I'm-so-glad-you're-part-of-the-team cheer. She proudly shows me where her new cube is going to be, I stand in awe like it's absolutely nothing like all the other cubes that line this flipping place, make a joke and bid her adieu. Inside I rot with early morning fakeness.

As I boot my computer up I'm bombarded by emails that don't pertain to me. People have gotten bored and were also doing mass forwards of christmas stories, surveys and jokes. This is what happens when you prevent people from MySpacing at work. They will bog your network with worthlessness, and in the process annoy everyone else.

As part of my morning ritual I sent reminder emails (of a baby shower I've organized for a coworker for tomorrow during work), I reorganized secret santa's due to some people that "no longer work here" signing up to participate and no longer be able to, I stared at all the paperwork at my desk and waited for the headache to subside, I walked around for a couple minutes, then I clicked to open the Pandora application put my headphones on and surrendered to the idea of work.

Supposedly I'm the happiest person in my team. I think that is why people are so eager to ask me stupid questions. I've had atleast a dozen thrown at me already. The ones that are sent via email are easier to handle since they can't see me grinding my teeth through the misery that is being their coworker. There's several that can't even be bothered to send an email, or call my extension, they just stop by, or worse, yell my name out and ask if I'm busy. The headphones are on and I'm tempted to just keep typing and pretend I didn't hear a thing, then again that Jimmy Cricket is really good at guilt tripping.

I'm quite pissy this morning and I'm hoping that as soon as I get fed I'll be a notch more chipper. Things being as they are at the moment I wouldn't recommend being within a 25 feet radius. My head/eyes/teeth hurt, my sweater is itchy and too effing warm, and I have to pee.
posted by Jenni @ 1:29 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're like ahhhhh total downer, dude...

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So what's the problem?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.