www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL - "WAS IT SOMETHING I ATE?"

Sunday, September 16, 2007

So, the early wake up led me to doing laundry early. I pulled the sheets of the bed and thought, I want to move my bed. Then I looked around and saw that in the way was my nasty, old and already deformed bookcase. This cheapy WalMart bookcase that I've hauled with me through three different apartments already plus the moves back to Mom and Dad's, (so really 5 moves.) This thing was bowing in the middle from the heavy load of all my books. (Speaking of books I still remember Becky making a statement about how many books I have, I'm not the only one left that own books, right?)

Anyway, back to the story, I decided to dismantle the bookcase and throw it away. I piled all my books on top of several tables plus along side my walls. Those will stay where they currently are until I get a new bookcase, (hopefully soon.) I told myself that would be most of the extra cleaning I'm doing for the day. But after that was done, I still wanted to move my bed. To do that however, I had to pull out everything that was under my bed. Mostly shoes, and paperwork I never really wanted to look at. So, I had 45 pairs of shoes along my wall, along with books, and stacks of papers. Yay! I remedied the shoe situation by buying a shoe rack and hiding it in my closet. Granted the shoe rack only fit 21 pairs (I need to buy another one) but it gave me more space in my closet to walk around in. Now for the stacks of papers I bought two filing boxes. The plan is to sort through them quickly once and throw away anything I know I don't need, and place the rest in one box. Then I'll sort through them again, this time more carefully, and file them neatly in the other box. This is the plan, but it will have to be done at another time - I still have homework to do.

By the way, when I went out to buy the shoe rack and filing boxes, I also bought 3 tupperware boxes and a clear plastic drawer system. 2 tupperware boxes are under the sink in my bathroom, one for my hair "equipments" and another for my cosmetics. And in my room, I have a tupperware box for my nail polishes and etc. As well, I now have a new organizational system for my undergarments in form of a plastic drawer thingy.

I've done so much all day, but I know my room still looks like a mess, or so says Eli.







But really now that everything is out in the open, it makes it easier for me to go through them one by one when I do have time to. And once my room is a lot cleaner, I plan to tackle my closet which is a world in itself. Currently, along with all the clothes hanging against both walls, and the clothes on top of all 8 built in shelves, I also have 5 laundry baskets filled that need to be put up. So the next time I say I have to clean, it's not as easy as it sounds. But I do have to switch focus now, I still have to do my homework, and get ready for the week ahead.

P.S. You know I also dusted and vacuumed. Somebody get me a treat.
posted by Jenni @ 4:30 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    When did you lose the wrought iron bed? I like the new comforter. (Say it with me . . . "comforter").

    Sounds like you got a lot more accomplished today than I did. Although we did get a start on that new light fixture in one of the bathrooms. Eh, I painted under the old one. Baby steps.

    Wayne says he'll have the office in about a day.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    PS - http://q1075.com/events.htm#Boo

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.