www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL KEEPS YOU UP TO DATE

Monday, January 07, 2008

It's starting to get busier at work, so I'm not even sure if I can blog properly. I might have to wait until tonight but I will try none the less.

This weekend ended up being pretty full. First I guess I should start with Friday. I ended up being able to leave work earlier than I had planned so I decided to go enroll for classes. Well, turns out I'm actually set to get my Associates after this semester. The advisor was a bit confused why I hadn't taken any Arts or Sciences, and I explained it was because I didn't like them. Then he mentions that that was all I need to get my Liberal Arts Associates in Science. Okay, but that's not what I was working towards. He explains I can still work towards my Software Development and Foreign Language degrees but atleast get this now, so I have something to show for all the tuition I've paid so far. Good logic, I decided to go for it. So commencement is May 17th. I even ordered the cap and gown already. I know it's a bit sad, because it's not a Bachelor's but I've been told I deserve the recognition for working so hard so I'm going to milk that side of the story. Besides I have earned this. After going to school full time, and working full time, and paying around $1000 every semester and $200 for books. Oh, and how about all the freakin' paperwork and running around. Yes, I deserve this. Or atleast, until my parents tell me otherwise =D

Well, Friday night I decided to go out for drinks to reward myself and that was fun. Ray didn't have plans so he decided to come with. Saturday I tried to take a nap, do a bit of laundry, painted my nails, and got ready for the shindig for my coworker. Ray came with me for that as well, which was great, he got a long with my coworkers just fine. Vanessa actually kept saying "Ray of Sunshine" just so she'd remember his name. We also got to eat dinner at Piztros with Paul and Carla. Sunday afternoon we watched My Life Without Me, which Ray is convinced I only rented because of Scott Speedman. Well, yeah, but it was still a good movie. By the time I got home Sunday evening, Ching, Brian, Apple and Andrew were at Mom and Dad's for an impromptu dinner. That was great, I'm always hungry. Actually, I've gained about 7 pounds now from when I first started trying to gain. If I can maintain the weight for more than a week, it's usually there to stay. Woohoo!

I got to bed around 11pm last night, after doing some get-ready-for-the-week-ahead stuff. That includes updating my calendar and syncing to the blackberry. I actually had atleast two nightmares during the night where I had to force myself to wake up before being scared to death. Despite all of that I still managed to get myself out of bed at 5am and ready for work. This week I'm working 7:30am to 4:30pm. That's actually pretty good because that gives me enough time to get stuff done after work.

Today's been pretty steady. Considering the 2007 tax season has officially begun. I'm actually scheduled to work this Saturday, but we're not forecasted to get slammed until mid next week, so here's hoping.

Anyway, just a short recap. I'm actually a bit peeved right now, but not for anything big or important. This one I'm going to shrug off and blame on the usual, and say "I should've expected it already."
posted by Jenni @ 12:46 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.