www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL TRIES HARD TO STRAIGHTEN UP

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Desperately trying to organize, I've grown accustomed to lugging a giant bag around for the sole purpose of carrying things I've only thought I needed. Various pages of printed information are not so neatly tucked in between pages in my planner, and I have managed to keep account of my spending in my checkbook for almost a month now (and I'm struggling to keep that up.)

These days my memory is not as sharp as I used to brag it was. I make arrangemets, write them down, and then look at what I wrote questionning it for an hour or so, only to shrug my shoulders and hope I was right. I plan to do things, remember that I wanted to do things, plan to do them later, and remember that I forgot. Make sense? In my attempt to become organized I have inadvertantly messed myself up.

Even mid-blog I remembered I wanted to email an instructor, and update my planner regarding a meeting I need to attend on the 29th and yet I'm compelled to sit here and finish this blog, lest I forget to finish it later.

I am a walking "almost" mess.

Kurt Halsey


It is sad that these days my only solace becomes a wine bar, where I can sit and pretend to be carefree for an hour or two once a week. The same habit that takes time away from the things I have carefully planned to do. Que serra serra ... for right now.

I was unable to take the 4 day weekend I was planning on but I've managed to make arrangements to not make it such a hurried one either. My schedule this week was a Monday to Friday 10am - 7pm. I've been asked not to take the entire Friday but to take the last half off. That would put me on the road by 2pm and in Memphis by 10pm. Instead, I traded shifts with a friend and on Friday I come in 8am so I can leave by 12pm. Much better. And instead of driving all day Sunday and showing up at work by 8am the next day, I traded that with another friend so I can come in at 10am. I've also been advised that on Monday we have a meeting for the Toys for Tots event at work from 12:30pm to 2pm. (I still need to talk to my lead so she knows I'll be downstairs for that time on that day, but I'm putting that off for when I feel more personable.) So I have that to look forward to. And as for my colleague's birthday Monday, since I'm not staying late Friday nor coming in early Monday, I've delegated the task to a group of coworkers that seem too happy to oblige. So work, is all taken care off.

School on the other hand, I have a lot more work to do on. The girl I thought could help me write my Spanish paper (because she is Mexican and lived in Mexico for awhile) just conjugated the verb "saber" incorrectly, so I'm ditching that plan. She still insists that she is fluent and I don't disagree, but her fluency might be limited to slang, and my instructor will definitely know something is up when I turn that paper in. Maybe Ray will be kind enough to guide me through just this one last time. I also have two projects that have needed my attention for awhile in XML, and really once I can get Spanish in order I know it won't be hard whipping up a couple pages for that class. Cross fingers.

So, a little blog to vent the frustration that I was dealing with. Not too much. I'm still happier than most, I believe. I have nothing big to complain about. Getting paid to blog, browse and IM is not a bad time to spend the day. I have time to whine about trivial things and even compiled a wish list for my upcomming birthday. (Blame the ex, he made me greedy.)

Wish list:
  • 14k Italian gold charms

  • Kurt Halsey artworks, preferably canvas prints

  • wooden music jewelry box with dancing ballerina

  • laptop bag

  • movie passes

  • The Office DVD box sets of all seasons

  • Ugly Betty DVD box sets of all seasons

  • a gas card


I have about 3 more hours of work left. I'm going to try to organize my planner, toss pages I hid in there that I no longer need, and update my checkbook with today's expenses. When I get home I plan to indulge in reruns of last night's episode of The Hills, while I do some laundry and start the packing process. Here's hoping I do not get distracted.
posted by Jenni @ 3:32 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    1 or 2 hours at the wine bar?! C'mon Jenni!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.