www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL IS AN EVIL GENIUS

Tuesday, October 16, 2007



Food day was a success. I actually had people thanking me for setting things up. That makes me feel good, and takes the hint of worthlessness away. The day has been going by slowly. We've run out of things to do now that the deadline has come and gone.

I guess time to tend to the rest of my life.

For example: I took my car in to Beard's 66 this morning to get my brakes looked at. It was overdue for maintenance repairs. They called and advised that my back drums needed cleaning, my front rotors needed replaced, and as well, I needed new brake pads. Parts, labor and tax came up to $249 and change. Nice price, I thought, considering they also cleaned the interior which left me feeling like I should have had to fill out a tip line on the receipt. Anyway, I discussed with them the windshield switch problem I've been living with for almost a year now. (My switch for my windshield wiper is broken and I initially called Honda who quoted me $150 for the part, and $150 for the labor. Ray got me the part for $20 to $30 bucks but Honda would not do the work with that part.) Terry (my new mechanic) advised me he could put my part in for the cost of labor. He said matter of factly, "About half an hour to an hour's worth of labor, probably about $35 - $70 dollars." Sold! I set time to drop the car back in Thursday.

By the way, my car is driving like a dream now. I didn't know I've been running the rotors in this long, it felt weird actually stopping instead of coasting when I tapped on the breaks. And no more squeeling, because you know squeeling is bad.

For those that didn't know Beard's 66 is that one and only full service gas station left in town. I was not aware they did repairs as well, but I am very glad they do.

And since work is slow I think I'll balance my checkbook, write another to-do for the rest of the day, which will include: more cleaning (I have to organize my closet), and more homework. Wednesday night I have class again after a mini in-service break, and Thursday I have plans with Kelsey to visit Oeno for a bit. Fridays are always freebies, though I believe a friend's band is playing at Flashbacks so that's a possibility. Saturday, no one knows, but I'm just another week closer to Memphis.
posted by Jenni @ 1:19 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you know, I could have been able to look at the windshield wiper switch on Saturday.... oh wait...... ohhhhhhh yeahhh ;)

     
  • At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    who's this? is this the same eli that doesn't hold grudges?

     
  • At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    grudges? no... give you friendly shit? yes.

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Horray for Memphis! Or at least you coming here! Just over a week away!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.