www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL WORKS HARD

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Today is considered all over time hours. I've been at work for about 37 minutes now. I've accomplished so much more - I created a new post on my blog, I started to customize and order business cards, and then have changed my mind on the order of business cards (because I have no business), I've checked my email inbox 5 different times, and browsed 4 different websites. After a much needed restroom break, I think, I will want to clean out my purse, perhaps balance my checkbook, make another cup of tea, write a to-do list for the weekend, and browse some more websites. I'm hoping to do this all before lunch. After lunch I plan on doing some homework. Why do I have to do all of this at work, you ask? Well, because work wanted to pay me time-and-half to do things in my cube that I would normally do at home in front of the TV. The excuse was that they expected us to be busy today, but really I think I'm part of some controlled experiment, and am currently under observation. Like, I'm supposed to sniff out the cheese, or something. Well, I like to meet, if not exceed, expectations, so sniff the cheese I must.

Speaking of cheese, I read a book a couple years back about Hem and Haw. It was titled "Who Moved My Cheese?" It's a management book about dealing with organizational changes. I found a .jpg with some of the main points included in the book:



It's very informative and can easily be applied to everyday life. This is not a paid endorsement (though I wish it was) and I recommend it to everyone.

(Stop restroom break. Okay, much better.)

Wow, I just noticed I'm 8 minutes away from reaching my first hour at work mark. Another hour and I can go on break, because I've been working so effing hard. =D Well, if from sheer boredom I actually make a post worth blogging, then the day has not been wasted. And by "worth blogging" I don't mean anything with significance. Nothing I blog should be expected to have significance. I ramble about nothing, that's what I do, and that's the the site is for. By "worth blogging" I mean that I thought it was worth wasting minutes of your lives for. With that kind of qualification, I'm sure you've noticed, I've been very lenient.

Ah, I'm so glad I invested in buying a decent memory card for my phone and I actually burned some songs into it. Yay, Paolo Nutini! He makes me upbeat and I imagine myself doing some kind of musical walk/dance through crowds of strangers that all, of course, have to turn around with the "who is that girl, and how can I get to know her?" look, and I look at them from the corners of my eyes and just smile, which makes them more intrigued and interested. Hahahahahahahahaha! I love myself too much!

Oh, speaking of things that make me love myself, I had a dream I had a "thing" with Dane Cook. Hahahahahahahahaha! It was one of those awesome dreams, that even when you wake in the middle you can force yourself back to sleep and continue the dream. I think I did that twice before I actually had to get up to get ready for work. Now when people ask, (because they will,) "what happened between you and Dane?" I'll say, "my work tore us apart." Oh, wouldn't it be so cool, though? I think I want a Dane Cook or a John Krasinski in my life, because I need someone funny, quick witted and makes tons of facial expressions/hand gestures. Yep! I've made up my mind. That's what I need.



My two new boyfriends. They're both so equally hot. One is a wanna-be bad boy that enjoys B&E's, which I probably would enjoy too. The other has a to-do list of pranks and puts in 8 hours of flirt every day at work, which again, I probably would enjoy too. Queu song: Torn Between Two Lovers.

Speaking of old songs. The last couple of weeks, I randomly got hit by this totally awesome song and I kept thinking "Damn, I love this, I need this CD." I finally got the chance to look it up, just now during my "overtime" day, and here it is:



I know, you love it too!

Alright, here is where I try to end the post, and if necessary I'll come back, edit and add, or just start a whole new post altogether. It's time to start surfing the net again. I have to change things up to keep the excitement going.
posted by Jenni @ 9:14 AM  
9 Comments:
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    First off: NOT funny. Second, "Who Moved My Cheese" is a class that our company requires everyone to take. I call it "Corporate Brainwashing," because what company wouldn't love for its workers to blindly follow any change they make without question, or resistance, implying that if they do this, they will succeed or achieve great reward!
    Finally, Great song! Its soothed my heart more than once.

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    First off: I'm funny, you're the one that's not funny, remember?

    Secondly I know you're new so I'll give you warning, I don't usually allow anonymous comments.

    But based on the lengthy comment and the fact that I got your email around the same time, I'm going to assume it's YOU.

    Hello, YOU!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Firstly, what is funny is when you suddenly get conviction for good grammar!


    Hello!

     
  • At 8:05 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Okay, I take it back, you are funny. Especially now that I've gotten a chance to see your response to my other comment. So I guess it's not you, it's me. Let's get back together =D

     
  • At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now you're being reasonable.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    Hahahahahahahaha! Now even my friends will agree, you're getting funnier by the minute.

    Now write something like I'm reasonable and I'm a great cook.

     
  • At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Am I detecting sarcasm? I would never comment on someone's cooking, when I've never had the chance to experience someone's cooking.

    Oh, and I most certainly DID meet demand #2...remember I even measured it in Kb.

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    You will never experience my cooking because I do not cook. And you met half of demand #2, I'm still without my bottle of wine. So there!

     
  • At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The bottle of wine was not part of the demand. In English, you demanded long emails, in Spanish you said you wanted a bottle of wine and letters. You can't always get what you want, but I did in fact, meet your demand!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.