www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL - DOUBLE BLOG

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Because I'm lacking sleep and because I can, I'm posting the same blog on two different sites. Wanna fight about it?

I realized just about 30 minutes ago, before I was compelled to click "Post New Blog" that I am surrounded by grown ups. Grown ups playing grown up versions of childish games. Really doesn't look that fun from this side. Tell me how this goes again? I got up very Yay-Me-ish and then abruptly pulled myself back down to earth. Oh, Becky, life seemed so much simpler when I was in a little corner upstairs far from every one else. When people had to utilize post it notes to relay messages to me. When the only guy I was pining for was safely on the other side of the glass wall. Ugh! Where's my f-ing time machine.

I guess I haven't mentioned my night at Finn's. So, Brandon was all huffy about how his New Year's Eve went and I was going to go out anyway, and for some unknown reason, I can't turn down needy and weepy at the same time. I agreed to meet him there but soon enough regretted that decision. He whines like a girl, he bitches like a girl, and he pouts like it too. Several times during the night I told him to please just not talk. I was there to play pool, drink and just be quiet. Fortunately his buddy got there soon enough, and he stopped playing. The guy I ended up playing with, some random who I thought would be my safe haven, started the small talk process. Why me? So I ended the game with a hand shake and retreated to my MegaTouch machine. Mr. Random follows and had to be told to turn around if he insisted on talking. I really did try to be polite. Then Random comes back, I guess got a new boost of confidence with his dollar draw beer and asked if I didn't want to talk can he text message me. "No, asshole, you can't, because tomorrow you'll think you can call me, and I don't want you to call me. I don't even want you to think about calling me. You have the audacity to be clingy, irritating and persistent and I don't even want to look at you!" That's what I wanted to say, but I ended it with "No." Then and there I decided to invest in a nice inconspicuous ball cap. So I can stroll in and out of hole in the wall bars, have my drink and be left alone.

I'm sure Brandon is okay. I mean that's what we girls do. We fight and make up. I think I'll make Brandon one of the girls now. Atleast Becky knows my threshold for annoying. I told Brandon I didn't want to talk and he started asking "What's wrong?" "You want to tell me about it?" I had to smile to keep from beating him.

I'm being harsh, I love talking. I love bonding too. Bonding kicks ass. I think if I found the perfect giant tree that provided a giant shade, I would gather all my friends under that tree, (providing that it's summer time,) and we'd all bond. I would provide sweet tea and chicken salad sandwiches.

Do grown ups hang out under trees? Do they still enjoy sweet tea? Are they allowed to have friends?

I thought I was grown up. I thought I could maybe blend in. Start working a ton of overtime. Tell people I can't go out because I have to study. Start playing racquetball. Then on my way home from paying for my classes I missed Kellogg by about 5 miles because I was daydreaming about some guy I don't even know. I am out of my f-ing mind
posted by Jenni @ 12:39 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The thought of bonding alone is so brady bunch, that it makes me gag a little.

    I remember when I was a kid, we'd be sitting at the table for breakfast or something and I would be observing, as I still do, the situation between my mom and brother, it was going just a little too perfect and brady bunch. I completely lost my appetite and wanted to throw up, then as usual my brother made some comment that pissed my mom off. I realized everything was back to normal and we were not the brady bunch, so I continued eating.

    oh, and sweet tea is gross. I'll take some unsweetened Green Tea under the tree please.

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Can I have something other than sweet tea and chicken salad? Crystal light & grilled chicken for me, please! Oh, wait, you don't really do cooking. Ok, PBJ.

    Hope the guy situation is turning around for you.

     
  • At 2:42 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    You know the condos across the street from Finn's? He lives there.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.