www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL ON BORROWED COMPUTER

Monday, January 08, 2007

I had a dream. I was in a strange land. A vast wilderness. I went on and on, but met no one. I called, I shouted... but no one answered. I was alone. Alone in the wide world. – Hidetora


Hidetora


Well, where do I start. Friday night? A blur just like the night before. Seems like I’m beginning a new problem, but the first step is admitting to it right? Ah, I’ve got plans, it will all be fixed and normal soon.

Saturday I ate lunch at Hana Café with Eli. It was a pretty nice visit. I think the staff there has grown accustomed to me. The minute I walked in I was greeted with “The sushi bar is closed until noon but the owner says we can make your shrimp tempura.” Yes. Please. Thank you. I felt bad for Eli though. I rushed him to get there early and I was afraid he’d miss out. Luckily, his lazy ass didn’t get there until 11:50am so there wasn’t that long to wait.

Work was steady, as it has been since winter started. The most I can do to keep chugging along is to realize that every case is an opportunity for practice and a chance to improve my stats. If only I was in the sort of business where we could pick our clientele. Maybe then I wouldn’t go home every night dizzy from having to roll my eyes all day.

Saturday as stated previously was night out with coworkers. I met others from different departments which was beneficial since now I can put faces to names and maybe even be able to conduct business with less formalities. It’s such a drag really. The night was tense starting out but as I got a feel for everybody’s personalities I became more at ease. It doesn’t help when the two main guests at the table have already heard about you, and labeled you as “the hot Asian so-and-so has a crush on” when you’re trying to impress and be respectable. Thanks, so-and-so.

Today, I woke up with everything spinning, literally. I’m not trying to be dramatic. I got up, tried to get dressed and had to sit for what felt like an hour just to keep the room steady. Failing at that, I decided I have to get up, get out, because if something happened, no one will know to look for me, or even wonder about me, because I am so Ninja no one ever knows if I’m coming or going. I immediately went for food. Every time something feels wrong food has always been the answer. This time food helped little. Went back to bed. When I woke up again, I felt a little better. I decided to just relax and veg out in front of the TV. Watched a lot of movies: Xmen, Legally Blonde and Matchpoint. I have a crush on the Englishman in Matchpoint. Why? No Clue! Maybe because he makes funny faces. I digress.

Carla invited me to eat dinner with her, Paul, Bobby and Elron at PF Changs. It was great! Carla is always fun. She’s talking about cooking classes, I’m trying to convince her I don’t cook. I tell her “Let’s take classes at City Arts. Like pottery or photography.” I don’t remember her response. But I think we did agree about seeing Cirque de Soleil, and The Blue Man Group at the Coliseum. Woohoo!

This blog is not as organized, and I apologize. I’m not as sharp at 2:47am as I might be around 11am, but I make do. There’s a lot to catch up on and I feared I’d forget before I got a chance to sit down again. For example, I’ve learned to play darts. Brad thought me. Well, he didn’t teach me how to aim, but he thought me how the game was played. We played 501, where we each started with 501 points and tried to hit the points we needed to subtract off to get to zero. I lost both times but I do believe with more practice I can get better. As is the case with any endeavor. And I’ve been watching Japanese movies at Eli’s. Eli is into Japanese movies. Who would have guessed. Last one I watched was Ran. It’s a Japanese version of King Lear. Literary lovers beware, they sort of butchered King Lear, but the moral remains and there lies our consolation. Despite that fact it was an awesome movie. I cried. I can’t talk about it. It is a must must must see. I’m even tempted to just buy the DVD for myself.

There’s so much more but will definitely have to wait until next blog. I have Mystery Man Part Deux. As all may know I only give that label to the one that surpasses the current list, and that happens only once every 5 years. I have gossips that really can’t be posted, so call, and we’ll chat. I have pranks to pull, decisions to make, and dreams I have to share, but not right now. Not when my pillow beckons for me.

Good night!
posted by Jenni @ 4:09 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was there at 11:40, which was actually early considering we had agreed on 11:45.... it's not my fault you got there at 11:00.

    And the movie wasn't a 'butcher' of the original book, it was an 'adaptation'

     
  • At 8:24 PM, Blogger Ching said…

    Hey, Megan said she saw you at Changs. =P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.