www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL - FINALLY A BLOG

Friday, February 22, 2008

Coda - Dorothy Parker

There's little in taking or giving,
There's little in water or wine;
This living, this living, this living
Was never a project of mine.
Oh, hard is the struggle, and sparse is
The gain of the one at the top,
For art is a form of catharsis,
And love is a permanent flop,
And work is the province of cattle,
And rest's for a clam in a shell,
So I'm thinking of throwing the battle ---
Would you kindly direct me to hell?


Running on empty. Literally, and metaphorically. Also low on green tea. My day keeps getting better.

Monday night was an exam in Astronomy. I believe I aced that one which makes up for the first quiz I took that I got a B in.

Tuesday night my art class met the at Ulrich Museum. Saw some very interesting installations that beckon for me to come back and enjoy it, without the distraction of 20 other or so other people pretending interest and enthusiasm for one blank yellow wall. I liked it. There's my summary.

Wednesday night was a total lunar eclipse. I intended to share that with my son. The weather hindered it but we were still able to see a redish glow in the sky. It's supposed to be the last for the next 3 years and 10 months that can be viewed from this side of the globe, so I was fairly disappointed. Maybe sometime I'll just take him to the Cosmophere.

Thursday night was Phi Tetta Kappa meeting. Fairly fun. Lots of stuff that will be coming up.

Actually, Sunday is the induction ceremony. For those that want to come it starts at 2pm and is going to be in the 1500 building of the El Dorado campus in what is called the Kansas Room. The address is 901 S Haverhill Road, El Dorado, Kansas 67042. Here's a map of the campus to print out so you know where the 1500 building is supposed to be. (Two birds with one stone - this is also a note to myself since I need to know where I'm going as well.) I'm planning on being there around noonish, start earning my hours, and help setting up. Then they said they wanted to prep the inductees around 1pm. After the ceremony there is supposed to be an officer's meeting so I'm planning to be in El Dorado basically from 12pm - 4pm.

Today is Friday. Yay! I have so much homework that needs to be done. I'm glad (knock on wood) that today is fairly slow at work. I even took some time to clean out my backpack. Now I don't have to work tomorrow, but I do believe I will be coming in to decorate a coworkers cube. Pending that she is not working at that time. If she is, I'll be trying to sneak in early early Monday. We'll see.

Here's hoping for a productive weekend.
posted by Jenni @ 11:48 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Ching said…

    Do you know when your graduation is yet? Mine is on May 17. I hope yours isn't on the same day because I want to come to yours too!

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, what time is your graduation?

    Also, you haven't blogged since the 22nd? Has inspiration abandon you?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.