www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL MAKES IT THROUGH THE DAY

Monday, February 04, 2008

Went to work on time today. I was betting the heavens I'd have a box greeting me in my cube for all my stuff, having been gone so much. I'm hoping today was not an oversight and that I really do still have a job. I missed some important training Friday, and I luckily got it rescheduled for tomorrow. Man, someone must be really praying for me. I'm sure it's my mom, (she's been waiting on that car payment.)

Before it got busy I wrote:

Almost

Another almost hero gone
An almost prince charming slipped
From my grasp
Just like that
He was retarded I think
Or maybe a little too smart
He ran before there was time
To know whats what
And that's how he went
My last almost hero
And I sit and wait for my phone to buzz
Maybe the almost hero
Will be not smart enough and come back
Until then I have my almost poems
My almost poems that
Are not Bukowski's
He would know what to write
What to do
He would drink it away I'm sure
Succesful poets can do that
Drink things away
I have to sit in my 9 to 5
Writing almost poems
Waiting for almost heroes


I sent Becky a copy, she sends me back an email saying "Don't start getting poetic over someone you made out with once..." I replied, "C'mon it's good for poetry might as well flow with it."

I sent Jennifer a copy too. She texted me saying she loved it, but that she would change the word retarded to something more refined. Well, I'm not really refined to begin with, and as I responded back to her, I think he really is retarded.

Aside from that short stint of sentimentality, I was still feeling quite iffy today. Also, got hit with some guilt symptoms finding out that Logan has very well caught the bug I was carrying around and has been sick since yesterday. I am a bad mom. But really, my only gauge of whether I'm sick or not is whether I can get out of bed. I probably should have gone to the doctor's.

I made it though, through class and everything. Tomorrow is going to be another long day. A long COLD day, from what I hear. Not looking forward to it, but I keep going. Somewhere there's a way out of this madness, and I will find it. Until then - work, school, and the occasional binge drinking.
posted by Jenni @ 11:25 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I do really like it. Especially the last 5 lines and even more than that how it finished with the two last lines. It's really good, Jenni.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.