www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL JUST WANTS A NAP

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Last blog was Monday, June 23rd. June 26th was the grand opening of the bar I work at so I worked there from 8 to close. I also worked that Friday and Saturday.

Saturday I made the most money out of the weekend only because I was on the beer tub. There's a lot to be learned about human nature in general that can be seen easily from a beer tub platform, but I'll save that all for another blog.

Sunday, has now become Adam and I's matinee movie date day, and we spent that watching Wanted. The ending sucks, but the ride along is pretty action packed, so I didn't regret the money spent. (Though I don't think I actually spent any money, hmmm.)

Monday was starting a new job. No longer at the old 9-to-5 gig. Now starting a new one. Or had started. So since that Monday, I have been in training for a new company. The new company was nice enough to allow me July 7th off, for prior arrangements/plans I had made to be in Memphis.

Adam and I left Thursday afternoon, in another car rental. The ride to was a bit iffy, comming across a couple storm showers in Arkansas and arriving in Memphis late in the night. We basically said our hello's to our hostesses and went straight to bed. Becky and Wayne were nice enough to let us sleep in for everyday we were there. Becky had bacon and pancakes ready for breakfast the next day.

Friday in Memphis, our 4th of July, we toured Sun Studio, where Johnny Cash, BB King, and Elvis Presley to name a few, have recorded their earlier albums. We ate some awesome barbecue, and then toured the Gibson Factory, where Adam's guitar was born. Also, they had by the river a free concert and fireworks. Adam was excited about the concert because of 10 Years being the headliners. He was fairly amped and singing along, it was adorable.

Saturday in Memphis, still sleeping in, and I think I also took a nap somewhere in the middle. We "toured" Beale street for that night. Not much to report except the smoking ban sucks! Oh, and I discovered Snickers Ice Cream!

Sunday slept in, and napped again. Weighed myself and I had gained 3 lbs during the visit. Woohoo, me! I give thanks to Becky and Wayne for feeding me and letting me finish off their Snickers Ice Cream. Also, all four of us did the matinee movie double date and saw Hancock. Which is a lot awesomer than Wanted. Of all the summer action movies out, this one has to be seen in theaters. It's too hilarious and action packed. It's like the movie equivalent of ... Snickers Ice Cream.

Anyway, some pictures to view:

DSC01275

DSC01276

DSC01278

DSC01279

DSC01281

DSC01282

DSC01283

DSC01284

DSC01285

DSC01286

DSC01289

DSC01290

DSC01291

DSC01292

DSC01295

DSC01296

DSC01297

DSC01298

DSC01301


BTW, we drove back Sunday night to ensure we returned the rental by 2pm the next day. And then most of Monday was spent helping Adam move into the new house. (Another story about that coming soon.) But basically I've been back at work, and still in vacation mode. But everyone wanted an effing blog so here it is. I am tired and cranky now. Send Snickers Ice Cream to console me.
posted by Jenni @ 8:29 PM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.