www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL GETS THE BALL ROLLING AGAIN

Monday, March 03, 2008

So after a week of being dead and one day to try to get caught up I am in the swing of things yet again. Seriously did anyone ever doubt that a self proclaimed multitasker girl could pull this whole work full time, study full time, party full time gig? I sure hope not because I can sense negativity and I will hunt you down!

So back to work. This morning I was greeted by several client messages that meant I was missed. I did my call backs, my apologies, and got them all resolved (because it is never good to be unresolved,) and sent them on their merry ways. The whole 10 hours was not that bad, except for one lady, who you could tell was almost in tears from the frustration. Someone had been researching her issue, and according to her not getting it at all. To be honest, pretending to "get" things is my specialty, so I talked her into letting me take over the issue. Ah, mistake? Currently waiting on an "analyst" to either tell me if our product is wrong, or if there is some common tax law that's been missed. At this point I'm hoping not the latter, I do not want to make this lady cry. So above and beyond, I've printed out at read the IRS instructions for filling out and calculating her form. No, it is not fun. *for a comp sci major I sure as heck am getting way too much accounting background.

After work was a quick dinner, red beer, and MegaTouch fix at Timbuktu. Ah, to breathe again.

Class was the usual. The instructor showed as powerpoint summaries of the book chapters, and then read the bullets out loud to us. Need I say more? During break I checked my email to find my art instructor replied to my "I am sick, what is the homework" email, and there is a paper due tomorrow. Hahahahaha! Yes, and I am blogging instead of writing. Whateva!

It's supposed to be a paper about our last visit to the Ulrich Museum. I already know what my one artwork will be - that freakin' loveseat!

Josephine Durkin, 'Bloom (I knew I loved you when...)


I'm not gonna write about it now, because then I would just be writing my paper, but go here http://webs.wichita.edu/?u=ulrich&p=/exhibitionfolder/josephinedurkin for the Ulrich's page on Josephine Durkin, or go to her site and see more of her work at http://www.josephinedurkin.com/.

So, I'm obsessed with this loveseat, this "art" that the artist called "Bloom (I knew I loved you when...)" First of all, what a kickin' name, right? And you have to be there to get it. You sit, on the loveseat of course, with one other person and there are sensors that trigger the little umbrella's to open and close or "bloom". You need two people is what I was told and also what I found out when I tried to just lay down on it. This loveseat is smart.

The curator, Aimee (it's funny I want people to go to the museum, and just call out her name and see if we freak her out now) told me that the artist, Josephine would be in town sometime this month. I so wanted to meet her, but I forgot the date so I will remind myself to call or email Aimee and ask again. But I've been desperately trying to con someone into going back to that loveseat with me. If you know me personally, I have mentioned this loveseat to you already. Have I not mentioned? I am obsessed with that loveseat! Actually, I want to take everyone I know to look and sit on it. Have I ranted enough?

Okay, 11ish pm maybe it's time to go to bed. I have to be back at work by 7:30 am. Woohoo!
posted by Jenni @ 11:19 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you never told me about said loveseat exhibit.... you are a bad friend.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Jenni said…

    You're in Japan!

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    correction... I'm in China.... but I was in America when you went to said museum.... nuff said

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.