www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL ON HOMEWORK BREAK

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Ah, I can't get motivated. Ah! Who's fault is this? Not the History Channel's fault, though it is a great little distraction.

The world is ending on 2012, I've been saying that, now they have a segment on it. Not just because of the Mayan calendar they say, though that was my only source for a while, but also as predicted by the I Ching, and Merlin. Yes, Merlin is supposedly fictional, but what about the I Ching? All the way on the other side of the world from the Mayan's they picked the same year? Seriously? Uh-oh they are talking about the polar shifts, I think someone is trying to segway me into my Astronomy readings. Bleh! Off I go then.

Deviating from Bukowski and Ms. Parker for a bit, an excerpt from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint Exupery.





"Nothing's perfect," sighed the fox. "My life is monotonous. I hunt chickens; people hunt me. All chickens are just alike, and all men are just alike. So I'm rather bored. But if you tame me, my life will be filled with sunshine. I'll know the sound of footsteps that will be different from all the rest. Other footsteps send me back underground. Yours will call me out of my burrow like music."


A good book. My favorite book. And I have tried to live by it for some time. A lot of good stuff all hidden within a children's book. But this taming thing, I don't think is so fun right now. I don't want a monotonous life, but I need it. I need to know what I do and when I do what I do. I can't sit and wait for footsteps, it's keeping me from my damn homework. This is driving me nuts!

There's your blog.
posted by Jenni @ 7:30 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.