www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL IS IN LOVE

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Let's do a quick flashback - I was at Liquid to see Jimmy Dean and his band play. Then I found out they were opening for another band. Asked Mr. Joe Roach "what band?" he says, "Congress of a Crow" something something "you will like them" something something "they sound like No Doubt" something something. (Yes, my memory sucks, we've proven that.) I do remember being iffy about it, thinking you put Alien8 in front of a band that sounds like No Doubt, er! But of course after a couple of drinks, the transitioning mishap was not a concern. First off, the girl is HOT! Second, she works the stage.

Congress of a Crow


The sound sucked that night, something about the real sound guy being MIA with MIA equipment, so I opted to buy the CD "Between Shadows and Sunrise", listen to it on my own and make my judgement then. After a couple run throughs (which entails me lying in bed with headphones on trying to see if the music will transcend me somehow), I thought, maybe this sound is not quite for me but I know a couple of girls that would love this. Immediately told Jennifer I had a new CD for her to add to her work out tunes, and to tell her friend Meri, this was a definite match. So, not a complete loss.

Last night, I went to LocoFest which, by the way, rocked in intervals. (More on that on another blog, maybe.) Right before Signum took the stage, Mr. Joe Roach announced the night was ahead of schedule and as a surprise treat Danelle, the lead of Congress of a Crow, would be taking the stage to play a couple acoustics. Well, of course, she had my attention as any hot girl would, but my gawd her voice, it melted me. Can someone get to that woman and request an entire album of just acoustics, please?

Anyway, I then cyber stalked to see if I could catch another show in hopes that I can somehow witness another melt-me-moment. The band is based in Tulsa, and at this point I am so enamored I would not mind the drive. For those that don't want to waste the gas money based on my words, you can wait a couple of weeks and they will be back in Wichita for a March 28th show at the Loft. So, you know that's already in my blackberry, feel free to show up and buy me drinks =D.

As well, and I hope I don't get sued for this I went to their official website http://congressofacrow.com/ and stole a vid. Shhhh! It's all for the better good, right? Watch and see what I mean when I said she works the stage.



Anyway, there are more vids on YouTube if you care to stalk them on your own. Of course, feel free to visit their site for more info. The following is just another cut and past reminder to myself of their performance dates, don't base all your info on it because things tend to get cancelled and moved around.

Congress of a Crow Shows
3.08.08 Belle Isle Brewery OKC, OK w/My Solstice
3.09.08 Danelle Acoustic @Bru House Tulsa, OK
3.12.08 The Deli Norman, OK
3.14.08 Chugging Monkey Austin, TX
3.17.08 St. Patricks Day BRICKTOWN OKC, OK
3.18.08 Danelle Acoustic @The Colony Tulsa, OK
3.23.08 Danelle Acoustic @Bru House Tulsa, OK
3.24.08 Interview LIVE on 104.5 THE EDGE
3.28.08 The Loft 150 Wichita KS w/Angel/Devil
3.29.08 NUDE 4 erotic art show @ exit 6c Tulsa, OK
4.04.08 The Deli Norman, OK
4.05.08 LIT OKC, OK
4.11.08 JC's House of Rock Wichita, KS
4.12.08 VEISHA college festival Ames, IA w/Blessed Union Of Souls
4.19.08 Belle Isle Brewery OKC, OK
4.25.08 Exit 6C Tulsa, OK w/ TBA
4.26.08 Eskimo Joe’s Stillwater, OK
4.30.08 The Deli Norman, OK
5.02.08 Lakewood Bar & Grill Dallas, TX
5.03.08 The Warehouse Shreveport, LA
5.09.08 Riverfest Sundown Parade Wichita, KS
5.10.08 Club Liquid ** 17 to enter!! Wichita, KS
5.14.08 The Deli Norman, OK
5.16.08 Lakewood Bar & Grill Dallas, TX
5.23.08 Belle Isle Brewery w/Hurt Street OKC, OK
5.29.08 JC’s House of Rock Wichita, KS
6.11.08 The Deli Norman, OK
6.13.08 Built for Speed CD Release @ The Warehouse Shreveport, LA
6.14.08 Built For Speed CD Release Party @ Clicks Tyler, TX
6.27.08 Exit 6c Tulsa, OK
6.28.08 Eskimo Joe’s Stillwater, OK
7.02.08 The Deli Norman, OK
7.13.08 The Waiting Room Omaha, NE
7.18.08 JC’s House of Rock Wichita, KS
7.19.08 Belle Isle Brewery OKC, OK
7.30.08 The Deli Norman, OK


All the way to July right? So I can schedule conferences, graduations and trips to Memphis around it. Yay, I love bands that actually plan ahead!

That's a long enough blog for now. Today is homework day and after being dead for a week, I have much to catch up on. Not to mention I'll be working 55-60 hours a week from now on, this might be the last you'll hear from me for awhile. Blatant loop hole ahead - unless I have a breakdown, which everyone knows can only be cured by spending $20 on MegaTouch games. =D
posted by Jenni @ 12:01 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CD? I no get no CD. I wait and I wait. I wait still some more. I see nothing. No CD. No nothing. Why is this?

    Your mouth is like a funeral, where promise goes to die.

    HA HA!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.