www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from _crankymonkey. Make your own badge here.

 


Locations of visitors to this page

MULTITASKER GIRL AND THE WEEK AHEAD

Monday, March 24, 2008

I got to work on time today. I don't know if I'm excited, proud, or worried. I did spend an entire hour deciding wether to get up or not so I guess I am still me. Monday is always a good day to get hit with the reality that everyone around you is an effin' douche. Yes, I am quite cranky, it's okay, just part of the early morning ritual.

I got to talk to Becky last night. Good times. She first texted with an approval for Adam. Yay? She's wanting to meet him so she has extended an invite for him to join us in Memphis this May. I told her I'd mention it to him, but not to make any real plans, atleast until mid April. A little just in case. Either way, Memphis is going to be the bestest! I've been, for all these years, trying to catch the Beale Street Music Festival, and I seem to always miss it, but not this year! I've been missing it so much I didn't even plan on it anymore, until my little Becky asked how long I would be there for, and then nonchalantly added "you know the concerts are that weekend." I freaked out! I told her to make sure the dates are confirmed. She did and I got emailed the flyer. Woohoo! There is my motivation to keep living, atleast until May.

Click here or the flyer to get directed to the pdf of the line-up.



Anyway, work (knock on wood) has been slow so far this morning. I might be able to get a chance to get some studying done. Oh, and then there's that paper I was supposed to start writing. Er! Ah, I didn't do shit during spring break. I am so dead. Freaking distractions =D Okay, so the week ahead:

  • Monday (today) - 7:30am to 5:30pm work, dinner at Timbuktu, then class 'til 10pm and I do believe there is a test.
  • Tuesday - work, dinner and another class I still need to find an original artwork for.
  • Wednesday - work, might skip girls' night, get paper written, and some Phi Tetta Stuff, maybe laundry and for sure my nails.
  • Thursday - work, finish stuff I planned to do Wednesday but for sure will not do until Thursday.
  • Friday - work and then downtown to see a band.
  • Saturday - 10am - 7pm work and hopefully some rest afterwards.


That to-do list looks nice and manageable doesn't it? I think I can do that. With all the days I plan to stay home though I might have to stock up on some "drinks" lest I get tempted to "unwind" elsewhere. I have no will power.

Alright time to start doing some homework and pretending it's work related.

I leave you with today's email forward, courtesy of Miss Kim. (She will never stop sending these so I might as well start utilizing them.)


Dear Employees:

It has been brought to management's attention that some individuals throughout the company have been using foul language during the course of normal conversation with their co-workers. Due to complaints received from some employees who may be easily offended, this type of language will no longer be tolerated. We do, however, realize the critical importance of being able to accurately express your feelings when communicating with co-workers. Therefore, lists of 18 New and Innovative 'TRY SAYING' phrases have been provided so that proper exchange of ideas and information can continue in an effective manner.

Number 1
TRY SAYING: I think you could use more training.
INSTEAD OF: You don't know what the f___ you're doing.

Number 2
TRY SAYING: She's an aggressive go-getter.
INSTEAD OF: She's a f___ing bit__.

Number 3
TRY SAYING: Perhaps I can work late.
INSTEAD OF: And when the f___ do you expect me to do this?

Number 4
TRY SAYING: I'm certain that isn't feasible.
INSTEAD OF: No f___ing way.

Number 5
TRY SAYING: Really?
INSTEAD OF: You've got to be sh___ing me!

Number 6
TRY SAYING: Perhaps you should check with...
INSTEAD OF: Tell someone who gives a sh__.

Number 7
TRY SAYING: I wasn't involved in the project.
INSTEAD OF: It's not my f___ing problem.

Number 8
TRY SAYING: That's interesting.
INSTEAD OF: What the f___?

Number 9
TRY SAYING: I'm not sure this can be implemented.
INSTEAD OF: This sh__ won't work.

Number 10
TRY SAYING: I'll try to schedule that.
INSTEAD OF: Why the f___ didn't you tell me sooner?

Number 11
TRY SAYING: He's not familiar with the issues.
INSTEAD OF: He's got his head up his a__.

Number 12
TRY SAYING: Excuse me, sir?
INSTEAD OF: Eat sh__ and die.

Number 13
TRY SAYING: So you weren't happy with it?
INSTEAD OF: Kiss my a__.

Number 14
TRY SAYING: I'm a bit overloaded at the moment.
INSTEAD OF: F__ it, I'm on salary.

Number 15
TRY SAYING: I don't think you understand.
INSTEAD OF: Shove it up your a__.

Number 16
TRY SAYING: I love a challenge.
INSTEAD OF: This f___ing job sucks.

Number 17
TRY SAYING: You want me to take care of that?
INSTEAD OF: Who the f___ died and made you boss?

Number 18
TRY SAYING: He's somewhat insensitive.
INSTEAD OF: He's a pr_ck.

Thank You,
Human Resources
posted by Jenni @ 8:47 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "sounds" "like" "you've" "got" "a" "pretty" "stress" "free" "week," "let's" "see" "how" "much" "it" "changes" "throughout" "the" "week."

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Jenni said…

    "I" "will" "kick" "your" "ass" "next" "time" "I" "see" "you!"

     
  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    After the day I had at work yesterday, I might have to start using some of those ideas. Number 1 and Number 6 would have been used several times yesterday alone.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

MULTITASKER GIRL - EFFICIENTLY SAVING THE DAY

CLICK FOR COMPLETE PROFILE

  • Jenni@MultitaskerGirl.Com

  • Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    BLOGGER

    © 2006 MULTITASKER GIRL. Multitasker Girl has Online Stalkers.